Wednesday, February 20, 2008

things to do list- version 1.1

We all have them, the grocery list of life of what we want to accomplish. The list is ever growing in the back of my mind but it's something to get started with.
learn Dutch. It's a slow process trying to learn a new language in your late twenties however as long as I learn the basics, it will help with the transition at the point of time the bags are packed for the "next big step in life" step.

brush up on my Vietnamese and Spanish. I understand enough Vietnamese and Spanish to get by however I am ashamed at how "Americanized" my Vietnamese is so I need to work on that. Best way to learn is the live in the country though or at least travel for a significant amount of time (goal date: 2010).

run the marathon. It's a huge feat that I want to make a reality. There is also a lot of dedication and training that is involved in it but I'm the kind of person who needs the extra boost, that additional motivation and perhaps running in a pack of other sweaty people will push me even further. Registration starts April 12th for a 28-week program. So I have about a month and a half to think this through fully.

finish my hang gliding adventure. On my twenty sixth birthday, I decided to treat myself to an experience with the birds. I suited up, strapped up against my pilot, only to have the winds kick in and be denied of this experience. It was a true tease but everything happens for a reason. This adventure can be done really easily in Sylmar, my parents home so I'm thinking a Spring excursion there will help get me in the air again.

So it's a mini-list right now but that's acceptable. If this list was too long, than I wouldn't ever be able to accomplish anything from it. This way, it's short and I'm sure that by the year's end, at least one or two of these items can be taken off my things to do list.

No comments: