Thursday, February 21, 2008

accidental photos

I surf through all these blogs and many of them have "themes." It makes me wonder if I should consider morphing mine into some thematic "blog form" and maybe at some point, there will be that shift. However as I learn to allow my thoughts/writings/photos become accessible to the public blog world, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and that's just spewing out what comes out of me.

So on that note, here's at least a series of something. I'm by no means a photographer. In fact, I own one point and shoot digital camera and know hardly anything about the bells and whistles. However I do consider myself an accidental photographer because there are times when I just happen to capture a photo that even surprises myself. Here are just a few taken over my summer 07 adventure through Europe and Asia. Maybe I'll post more accidents as they come.

London Underground during rush hour. I love the angles in this photo but I think that for those who have been in the underground during rush hour, space is limited. I am surprised that I captured this blank space during their busy times.

Park Montjuic, Barcelona. Captured the bird at the right moment along with the puff of cloud that looks like the sun.

Las Ramblas, Barcelona. I did a walk by with this photo, not even looking into the viewfinder to take it and the alignment of the art and the windows from the buildings are almost parallel.

Hoi An, Vietnam. I am not sure why I like this photo, perhaps it's all the layers of fishing nets, palm trees with a hint of the palapa.


Hue, Vietnam. I snapped this photo while I was on the back of a motorbike. Although you don't go too fast on the motorbikes, I was surprised at the clarity and bright colors of this photo.

• Hoan Kiem Lake, Hanoi. A very serene sitting in Vietnam, the sun had just set and everyone was gathered around the lake enjoying their evening meal. The composition of this photo really makes me smile.

Ayunthaya, Thailand. My eye tends to lean towards these perspectives. These meditating Buddhas was during the Kathina Ceremony which is the time of year when new robes and other offerings are given to the monks.

Taipei, Taiwan. This foot path is based off reflexology and you walk barefoot across the path and can sit at the bench, putting pressure on the points that ail you. This walk was a bitch and the pain was so excruciating that I could only walk a short distance. Maybe I had a lot that ailed me during my trip?

Taipei, Taiwan. There was a botanical garden that sits below the National Museum and on the third floor is a tea room. This photo was taken just before I entered the museum which ended up being a great haven from the 2 hour storm that drenched the city. This is my favorite photo and signifies the final part of my trip.

1 comment:

Crystal C said...

Kimmeeeee!!!! SO fun to see your blog! LOVE YOU! Can't WAIT to see you in June!!