Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Year Day!

I like leap years because it's a good time to reflect on time past. New Years and birthdays are also appropriate times to reflect however those reflections are from the year past. At least with Leap Year, it provides the chance to see where I was four years ago, recollect on 2004 and remember what a great year it was.

My life consisted then of:

• being the uber-workaholic.
• being the uber-single girl (i.e. the mild version of "Samantha" from Sex in the City)
• understanding the true meaning of worry. This was the year that my dad went to Iraq.
• becoming an independent. It took awhile for me to understand the value of a dollar and what it was like to live outside of my parents hold.
• an adventurer.

This was the year I turned twenty-five which allowed me to do a lot of new things which included...




• being the bridesmaid at my best friends wedding






• an Emmy nomination








• east coast traveling which included the lost wallet debauchery






• skydiving!









• Kauai travels








• first and only tattoo








• Dad came home safely








• lasik - freedom from the glasses and contacts





Taking the trip down memory lane after four years makes me smile, it gives me the opportunity to reflect, discover old photos and dust off the memories of time past. I prefer the reflections of time past with leap year. Thinking of fast forwarding to 2012, I wonder what I will remember about 2008.

2 comments:

Crystal C said...

Hmmm, what WILL you remember about 2008...? Well, we'll be together in yet another leap year (in EUROPE! whoot!), and hopefully avoid losing your wallet this time... Hopefully you'll remember more adventure and less worry, more love and less lust (though let's be honest, the lust is good, too), more brides and fewer bridesmaids? (Love you, kimmee! So excited to follow your blog!!!)

kidnoonan said...

perhaps you will blindly run into paddy in cambodia? stranger things have happened. hmmm?