Sunday, July 05, 2009

Fifth of July

It's been a very long time since I've stayed at home to celebrate the Fourth of July. Usually, I aim to travel someplace far away to celebrate all the while trying to sneak in a firework show. I've enjoyed this awesome holiday from Boston, New York City, Prescott, Las Vegas and even Vietnam. So finding myself not making plans for this year was a little odd but I'm glad that I did. We kept it mellow by having a BBQ, playing games of Scrabble with our friends and we ended it with a bike ride to Santa Clara's Central Library for their fireworks show. There are not a lot of places in the Santa Clara/South Bay area to view fireworks and this was a spectacular show. It was free with lots of places to lay out, have a few drinks and wait for the unobstructive show to start. Of course, the Fifth of July has been a holiday to recoop from the wicked hangover (getting older definitely does make the hangovers last much longer) but it has been such a great weekend of relaxing and enjoying ourselves without the stress of traveling. I might get the hang of this!

• waiting for the show to start while moon gazing •

• relaxing •

• boom •

• bang •

• kabloowee•

• some of my favorite fireworks photos that i took.
wish that there were more fireworks shows
so i can keep working on taking firework pictures,
it's a toughie •

No comments: