Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Understanding the green thumb

My favorite part of Spring is watching life blossom. It's been fun watching Silicon Valley bloom because everything is new to me so I'm enjoying Spring (although we are getting closer to Summer) with a fresh pair of eyes. It makes me tingly and happy inside.

With the end of apartment living, I finally have a garden that I can start tending too and learning how to properly grow and maintain. Although our house was already full of life when we moved in, I've become very diligent in making sure everything survives and grows and it's been amazing to see what has grown since we've moved in! Pears, plums and peaches to name a few! I can't wait to start making fruit pies and jams. The only thing lacking in our garden is an herb garden so that is my next goal. Yum.

Here are some photos of the life that has started growing in our backyard, I don't know what everything is and I wish I did. If you know of anything, let me know :)


























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That is so cool! I can't wait to have a yard and a garden. Every year I try to grow herbs in pots, but it never quite seems to work. Too much sunshine, or not enough. Some day, though, some day.