Friday, January 08, 2010

Cliché Goals


A new year tends to leads towards the cliche New Year Resolutions or the "look back and reflect" moments. As always, I intend to stay healthy: physically and mentally. Professionally, I aim to build my freelancing career and my client list without over stretching myself. But my main goal is to really start working on feeling comfortable calling myself a photographer. It has been a hobby for quite awhile now and love the challenge with finding my strengths and weaknesses. I don't ever intend for it to become a career but it's just something that I love doing  (I do wish that I had more of a formal education on it rather than being all self taught). So my main photography goals this year are:


• take more photos: i always carry around a camera: dSLR, point n' shoot or camera phone but i want to start taking photos every day. of what? who knows
• print more photos: i love making blurb books but need to start making it a regular habit instead of letting photos live on the hard drive
• work on my weakness: i need to learn how to take better people pictures
• limit equipment to what is truly needed: still looking for a nice wide angle lens
• keep learning photoshop: i used to have a phobia of photoshop and post-processing but i've been teaching myself the subtleties of photoshop and finally starting to love it 
• at least i'm sure that these goals will not be broken come march :-)



• setting sun in amsterdam • 

No comments: