Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Under the Giant Oak Tree

So we're about nine months away and have chosen a location for the dum-dum-da-dum day :) Since location is crossed off the huge list of things to do, we can now sit back and relax for the next couple of months. I like that feeling. So I wanted to share some photos of the awesome and super rad place that we're going to be celebrating at.

It's called Calamigos Ranch and is located in the hills of Malibu and the location we chose is called the Cottage and Pavilion. The cottage portion is the ceremony site and it has a ginormous Oak tree and waterfalls that flow behind the Oak tree.

•the mondo oak tree•

•one of the rad waterfalls•

After the ceremony, everyone heads off to the Pavilion for the fun part. Oh, I had to throw this photo in because on your way to the pavilion, you walk by the ferris wheel which is just cool because I like ferris wheels.

• pretty cool wheel•

And then it's all about the cocktails, dinner and dancing here at the Pavilion. Isn't that just purtee?
•cocktail area looking sparkly•

•dinner area which is also sparkly•

So yea, we found the location that was perfect for us. As soon as walked in, we knew that it was the place for us and everything else fell into place. It's awesome. We're excited. Give it about eight months, than I'm sure the stress will kick in! :)

3 comments:

Global Mobile said...

let's skip the stress part.... ok?

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm excited!

Did I tell you my brother's getting married, too? Except they're getting married this October and having a baby next March. A little more rushed. :-)

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome! We're looking forward. But first.... Malaysia! I'm gonna call Marijn in a few minutes and speak to you after the holidays! Good luck with all the preparations and don't worry, I'm sure you (and we) will have a great time! Love