Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cucumbers? Really?!

Haircuts and I do not get along...to me, it is the equivalent of people hating the dentist. I used to have a stylist that I loved in L.A. but since moving up north, I have only had my hair cut twice and I hated the results. Since I have yet to find someone, I figured I might as well get my hair cut in Vietnam especially since the cost would be cheaper. I found a Paul Mitchell boutique in Saigon and for a shampoo and haircut/style, their set price was $25 and for that low price, the stylist surprisingly listened to what I wanted: 5 inches off plus subtle layers. Now for the craziest/best part of this experience was the shampoo. Oddly, they do the shampoo after the haircut and the shampoo isn't a standard shampoo...it included a full head massage, a partial facial, fresh slices of cold cucumber on your face after the facial and a neck/shoulder massage! This part of the haircut experience was pure awesomeness since the haircut portion took about 15 minutes and the shampoo experience was 45 minutes! I was pretty impressed with the final result and the whole experience considering that I was in Vietnam!

The only negative part of this experience was the cucumber because I learned that I am allergic to them! After the shampoo/facial/massage extravaganza, my whole face and eyes were red and swollen. I even tested the allergy this weekend eating some cucumber and my mouth did the tingle. As I get older, my allergies have started to change and at least now I know that I am allergic to cucumbers but with summer here, it makes me a little sad since I love cucumbers. D'uh....

• the unruly, too long hair that was normally kept up in a bun •

• i might have to travel to vietnam next year to cut my hair sans cucumber •

2 comments:

laura k said...

I have often wished stylists would was my hair after they cut it, but that's usually because they put so much freaking product in it I have to wash it when I get home anyway. :-)

I'm with you on hating to get my haircut, because I can never find anyone who does what I want. Or maybe I'm just bad at explaining what I want? Ah well. I'm giving it another try this weekend, before I head to Boston.

mebbets said...

I like the new hair! looks really good on you!