Monday, March 30, 2009

To Do Checklist...

...is getting smaller and smaller each day and I love it! As my previous post mentioned, the stress is building but after the weekend, it's nice knowing that things actually might be under control.

We were able to successfully wait in the (long) line at the Van Nuys Courthouse for what seemed like forever to get our marriage license. I was totally fine until the moment she asked us to raise our hands and declare that everything was correct. I started getting a little teary eyed at that moment along with some warm and fuzzies.

• the official paperwork •

For future brides or people who don't like doing silly games that go hand in hand with bridal showers, I highly suggest doing a jewelry making party! Our "theme" was jewelry making and all of our guests were able to make their own earrings. Some guests didn't make any while some made three or four but either way, it was so perfect having everyone sit around and doing something they would normally not do. I wish I had the hindsight to photo each of the girls with their creations but after a few mimosas, things like that are easily forgotten.

• jewelry preparation •

• some desserts •

• sun, mimosas and girls •

• mother and daughter •

On another note, my lil' sister just bought her first home and we got to visit it this weekend. It was so great to see all the hard work to make it her own. I'm so proud of lil' sis!

No comments: