Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Beginning of Fall

It's my favorite time of year! Beginning of fall, fresh Oktoberfest beer, my "getting older and loving it" day and Halloween! It's all wrapped up nicely for me in the cozy month of October!

I have many recurring dreams. Especially of zombies. I have zombie dreams of me being a kick-ass woman fighting them. Or using my mad skills of trying to find unique places to hide from the apocalypse of the zombies. And I actually don't mind them. I'm so used to the silly recurring dreams (about once every other week) of zombies that it really doesn't bother me. It's the recurring dreams that I have occasionally (about twice a year) that sometimes bothers me. Like the one where you haven't attended class all summer long and you show up the last day and it's final time. You're not prepared, you panic, therefore waking yourself up from the nightmare only to remind yourself that you've been out of college for seven years.

I handle most of my recurring dreams quite nicely. They are familiar to me and they make me laugh.

Until recently. The wedding dreams have begun and they actually freak me out a little bit. So far, I've had about three of them (within the past week) and they are all sorted around the fact of me finding the dress. (Truth is, I haven't even started looking for it, I'll probably procrastinate since to me, that is the least important part of our wedding. A little backwards, I know). Maybe that's why I'm having these recurring dreams over this topic. It's almost frustrating because these dreams are new territory and I don't like them because I can't control them *odd side note is that I am a weird one with my dreams and when I become conscious that I am dreaming, can actually start manipulating them. Not sure how normal that is but I find it a little cool and odd at the same time that I can do that :)

In the meantime, can't I have dreams of zombie weddings? That would satisfy my inner weirdness!

2 comments:

Global Mobile said...

zombie weddings????
Anything you want to add to our wedding planning? Renting costumes at the halloween store perhaps?

xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

costumes? I thought you meant caya (come as you are). easy... what a great photo.

happy bd kim!!! hope you're enjoying october, it is indeed a beautiful time of year.

love to both of you